Red Orchid Bush Is Great Perennial for Us

Bauhinia galpinii (red orchid bush) was always very attractive to butterflies in the demonstration garden at the UF-IFAS Leon County Extension Center where we planted it years ago. It is still in the garden, though it has been moved and set back a little. The bottom photo shows it in bloom this year already.

https://www.almostedenplants.com/shopping/products/11012-red-orchid-tree-pride-of-de-kaap-red-bauhinia-african-plume/

I haven't seen this plant at local nurseries and it seems to be out-of-stock at all the online vendors. But I'm looking for it. I want one for my home garden. I always enjoyed the flurry of activity around it from butterflies and hummingbirds.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flowers and Color for the Summer

Cold Protection for Tropical Plants